Gluten-Free French Toast
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Start your days sweet and simple with this delectable treat! Because a good day starts with a great morning.
- slices day-old, refrigerated gluten-free bread (or your choice of bread), sliced into 3
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or coconut, rice, soy milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsps coconut flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for pan-frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dip the bread slices one by one (or more) into the liquid mixture. Make sure all sides are coated evenly.
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the coated bread slices and cook for a few minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with any of the two or more: maple syrup, vegan butter, chia or flax seeds, dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao powder, fresh or dried fruit.
Happy cooking, Vegan Foodies!
Other recipes you might like!
Also known as Pork Sinigang, this is a traditional Filipino soup dish famous for its sour flavor, thanks to its main ingredient, the tamarind fruit.
If you?re looking for an easy-to-cook, tasty and crunchy treat for adults and kids alike then these are the munchies to prepare!
Taste the fun side of the vegan diet with rich and moist servings of these guilt-free brownies! A recipe by Andrea Calayan from Maria Therese…
Steamed meals are always a good idea, because it’s truly one of the healthiest ways to cook your food. This Steamed Chicken with Asparagus dish by R…