Gluten-Free French Toast
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Start your days sweet and simple with this delectable treat! Because a good day starts with a great morning.
- slices day-old, refrigerated gluten-free bread (or your choice of bread), sliced into 3
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or coconut, rice, soy milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsps coconut flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for pan-frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dip the bread slices one by one (or more) into the liquid mixture. Make sure all sides are coated evenly.
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the coated bread slices and cook for a few minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with any of the two or more: maple syrup, vegan butter, chia or flax seeds, dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao powder, fresh or dried fruit.
Happy cooking, Vegan Foodies!
Other recipes you might like!
For this original bento box recipe, you can use bacon or ham with the rice roll and either mozarella, cheddar or brie for the cheese!
Make your next dinner a winning feast with soft-to-the-bone, sumptuously-marinated Rib Eye Steak, accompanied by mixed-with-red-wine gravy.
This is a no-fail recipe perfect to be served as baon for your chikitings, birthday party food, or usual lunch or dinner at home.
Discover a new way to savor the delicious and healthy goodness of kalabasa! This one's an impressive way to serve pumpkin during special occasions,…
Taco Salad is a refreshing dish that combines ground beef with onions, tomatoes and vegetables. Yep, this one's ideal for diet-conscious people!