Gluten-Free French Toast
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Start your days sweet and simple with this delectable treat! Because a good day starts with a great morning.
- slices day-old, refrigerated gluten-free bread (or your choice of bread), sliced into 3
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or coconut, rice, soy milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsps coconut flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for pan-frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dip the bread slices one by one (or more) into the liquid mixture. Make sure all sides are coated evenly.
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the coated bread slices and cook for a few minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with any of the two or more: maple syrup, vegan butter, chia or flax seeds, dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao powder, fresh or dried fruit.
Happy cooking, Vegan Foodies!
Other recipes you might like!
Get ready to craft a delicious dish for the family with a recipe that gives a different kind of life to a whole chook! Follow the easy steps below…
Grilled chicken, pasta, and pesto sauce? Always an awesome trio! This recipe has been made healthier because of coriander, too.
This Treasured Chicken recipe looks simple on the outside, but bursts with amazing flavors on the inside.
With ground pork, Vienna sausage, cheese, raisins, and other spices, your kids will go crazy over this recipe.
Everybody loves superbly soft, juicy slices of roast beef and richly-flavored pasta. Discover the heavenly pair of these two ingredients with this…