Gluten-Free French Toast
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Start your days sweet and simple with this delectable treat! Because a good day starts with a great morning.
- slices day-old, refrigerated gluten-free bread (or your choice of bread), sliced into 3
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or coconut, rice, soy milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsps coconut flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for pan-frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dip the bread slices one by one (or more) into the liquid mixture. Make sure all sides are coated evenly.
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the coated bread slices and cook for a few minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with any of the two or more: maple syrup, vegan butter, chia or flax seeds, dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao powder, fresh or dried fruit.
Happy cooking, Vegan Foodies!
Other recipes you might like!
Known as a miracle plant, malunggay is a nutritious mix to your turkey dog sandwich. With this, your kids will look at malunggay in a brand new light.
Chicken BBQ and Java Rice are always better together. Top it off with the best BBQ sauce in town to bring out the most succulent flavors of the…
Enjoy the tasty and filling flavor of pandan leaves that give you the nostalgic and refreshing feeling of a perfect afternoon Filipino meal.
Who doesn?t like sisig, right? Imagine sizzling bits of pork head and liver mixed with crunchy-outside-and-soft-on-the-inside goodness of tofu.
Take your palate to an exotic adventure. Thai Chicken Skewers are marinated in generous amount of Asian spices and herbs that will bring your dining…