Chocolate Chip Banana Fudge Brownies
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Taste the fun side of the vegan diet with rich and moist servings of these guilt-free brownies! A recipe by Andrea Calayan from Maria Therese Foundation.
- 3 medium overripe bananas (approximately 1 cup or so)
- 1/2 cup soaked, pitted, and skinned dates (10 pieces), optional
- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter
- 1/4 cup or more of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (if no dates, add one more tablespoon)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea/himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (if no dates, make it 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about three minutes or so (depending on the speed of your processor).
Using a spatula, pour the mixture into a flat, sealable container, or a baking pan lined with cling wrap/parchment paper.
Place the container in the freezer and let firm for two hours or overnight. (The fudge needs to be really cold to retain its shape, so it's best to store in the freezer.)
- Take out the fudge from the container and slice into desired shape/size.
Other recipes you might like!
Surprise the love of your life with this luscious cheesecake made sweeter with peanut butter!
Enchilada that looks like lasagna?! That's definitely not your usual Tex-Mex fix. But this one's worth a try. We promise!
Bacon is always, and I mean always, a good idea. Don’t you agree? Pop in some chicken in the recipe and be ready for a wonderful explosion of g…
Looking for that powerful dish to surprise your taste buds? Well here’s the perfect trio just for you! Nothing beats a recipe with a tasteful kick of m…
Want to cook Japanese food the easy way? Try Sukiyaki for a simple way of Japanese cooking that produces outstanding flavors.