Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Now is the perfect time to master one of the easiest and most delicious ways to cook sotanghon?pancit style!
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 1 pc carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 stalk onion leeks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalk celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 kg Magnolia Fresh Chicken, quartered
- 10 cups water
- 1/4 cup Magnolia Nutri-Oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup wood ear mushrooms (Tenga ng daga), soaked in warm water and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 200 gms sotanghon, soaked in tap water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- garlic, fried and minced (as topping)
- spring onions, chopped (as topping)
Boil onions, carrots, leeks, celery, and chicken in a stockpot.
Continue to simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through.
Remove the chicken from broth and flake the meat.
Strain the broth. Mash the vegetables through a sieve to get all the flavors.
In another pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add wood ear mushrooms (tenga ng daga in Tagalong), celery, and carrots.
Add flaked chicken meat and pre-cooked sotanghon.
Pour chicken stock and season with salt, fish sauce (patis), and pepper.
When noodles are tender, remove from the heat, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top it off with fried garlic and chopped spring onions.
Other recipes you might like!
Believe it or not, spring rolls are all-over Asia and have been a top favorite for many people around the globe. Prepping this is easy, breezy and…
One of the most well-loved Indonesian dishes here in the Philippines, Beef Rendang is made of beef slowly cooked in coconut milk and spices.
Explore new flavors by combining seafood flavors with a foreign ingredient like sausage franks. Aligue and Franks Pasta, anyone?
The combination of sweet and smoky flavors in a chicken never fails. Make the whole family fall in love with a home-cooked version of Honey-Roasted…
Smother its crispy skin and juicy meat with the most luscious dip perfected with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Sauce.