Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Now is the perfect time to master one of the easiest and most delicious ways to cook sotanghon?pancit style!
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 1 pc carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 stalk onion leeks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalk celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 kg Magnolia Fresh Chicken, quartered
- 10 cups water
- 1/4 cup Magnolia Nutri-Oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup wood ear mushrooms (Tenga ng daga), soaked in warm water and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 200 gms sotanghon, soaked in tap water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- garlic, fried and minced (as topping)
- spring onions, chopped (as topping)
Boil onions, carrots, leeks, celery, and chicken in a stockpot.
Continue to simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through.
Remove the chicken from broth and flake the meat.
Strain the broth. Mash the vegetables through a sieve to get all the flavors.
In another pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add wood ear mushrooms (tenga ng daga in Tagalong), celery, and carrots.
Add flaked chicken meat and pre-cooked sotanghon.
Pour chicken stock and season with salt, fish sauce (patis), and pepper.
When noodles are tender, remove from the heat, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top it off with fried garlic and chopped spring onions.
Other recipes you might like!
Start your days sweet and simple with this delectable treat! Because a good day starts with a great morning.
The surprising thing about this sandwich is that it fuses strawberry jam and cheese. Go ahead, make it even better by adding more spreads into the…
A family that makes pizza together, stays together. Make your bonding experience more special by gathering your loved ones for a pizza-making session…
Since Filipinos have adapted Afritada from the Spanish cuisine, it has become one of the all-time staple dishes in the Philippines for almost any…
Buko pandan with lots of yummy cream make a perfect combination for a refreshing local dessert! This recipe shows you how to make it sweet and easy.