Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Now is the perfect time to master one of the easiest and most delicious ways to cook sotanghon?pancit style!
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 1 pc carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 stalk onion leeks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalk celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 kg Magnolia Fresh Chicken, quartered
- 10 cups water
- 1/4 cup Magnolia Nutri-Oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup wood ear mushrooms (Tenga ng daga), soaked in warm water and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 200 gms sotanghon, soaked in tap water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- garlic, fried and minced (as topping)
- spring onions, chopped (as topping)
Boil onions, carrots, leeks, celery, and chicken in a stockpot.
Continue to simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through.
Remove the chicken from broth and flake the meat.
Strain the broth. Mash the vegetables through a sieve to get all the flavors.
In another pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add wood ear mushrooms (tenga ng daga in Tagalong), celery, and carrots.
Add flaked chicken meat and pre-cooked sotanghon.
Pour chicken stock and season with salt, fish sauce (patis), and pepper.
When noodles are tender, remove from the heat, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top it off with fried garlic and chopped spring onions.
Other recipes you might like!
Originally a Spanish soup served during special occasions, Menudo is now a comfort dish for most Filipinos perfectly served with hot rice.
One of the most underrated breakfast meals, Classic Meatloaf is packed with flavorful beef and other spices that will instantly perk you up in the…
The fusion of pork and bagoong is a rich local taste that stays truly irresistible to the Pinoy palate. Go on, fill your home with its savory taste!
A family that makes pizza together, stays together. Make your bonding experience more special by gathering your loved ones for a pizza-making session…
Give your favorite Tiramisu a refreshing twist with this super easy yet absolutely delicious recipe. Fresh fruits? Yes, please!