Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Beef shanks, beef brisket, honey-cured bacon, and Chorizo bilbao in a stew? Now this is a must-try version of Pochero!
- 1 kilo Monterey Beef Shanks (kenchi)
- 1 kilo Monterey Beef Brisket, sliced into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup Purefoods Honeycured Bacon, sliced into ½ inch cubes
- 4 pcs Purefoods Chorizo Bilbao, sliced in half
- 2 stalk leeks, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 3 stalk celery, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups onions, quartered
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
- 1 whole cabbage, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 5 leaf pechay (bok choy)
- 1 cup garbanzos
- 6 pcs bananas (saba), peeled and sliced in half
- 3 pcs potatoes, peeled and sliced in half
- enough water (to cover ingredients while boiling)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
To start, put the beef shanks, quartered onions, celery, and leeks into a pot. Add water to cover and bring it to a boil.
When the water boils, lower the heat into a shimmer, and wait until the beef shanks are tender. Then, add the chorizo bilbao.
In cooking the vegetables, remove some of the soup from the pochero and put some in another pot.
In the new pot, add the bananas and potatoes and cook until tender.
After that, add the cabbage, Baguio beans, and add the pechay. Cook it halfway through.
Next, sauté the vegetables, add the olive oil, onions, and garlic in a wok then let it sauté it for a few minutes.
Add the cabbage, pechay and Baguio beans together with eh sautéed veggies.
Season it with some salt and pepper and add the garbanzos
In a big bowl, combine the beef shanks, cooked vegetables, potatoes and bananas.
- Add the broth or soup to the bowl.
Happy cooking, Foodies!
Other recipes you might like!
Say ?yes? to the buttery and garlicky perfection of Chicken Salpicao. Tip: Go for chicken breasts if you want a healthier version of this meal.
This Treasured Chicken recipe looks simple on the outside, but bursts with amazing flavors on the inside.
Filled with cumin, paprika, chili powder and more, surprise your taste buds with the rich spices of Spicy Ground Beef Rice.
This dish is one of the healthy versions of pancit, so if you?re planning to go on a light diet then, this is the kind of pancit you want in your…
One of the most underrated breakfast meals, Classic Meatloaf is packed with flavorful beef and other spices that will instantly perk you up in the…