Share on Facebook Print Recipe
You've never really tasted a classic Pinoy dessert without having a bite of Leche Flan. This recipe makes it creamier and thicker, too!
- 2 kg pork belly slab
- For the Brine/Marinade
- 1 stalk lemon grass (tanglad)
- 1 stalk onion leeks
- 2 pcs laurel (bay leaves)
- 1 tbsp ground black peppercorn
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- 5 cups water
- For the Glaze:
- 3 tbsps evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp water
Use running water to thoroughly wash the pork slab. Shave the hair of the pork’s skin. Set aside.
Pour 5 cups of water into the pan. Add the following: lemon grass, bay leaves, onion, black peppercorn, garlic, and salt.
Marinade. Boil the water, then lower the heat. Let it simmer well for at least 10 minutes to let the herbs and spices release their flavors and aromas.
Turn off the heat. Let it cool.
Pour the brine onto the pork slab. Marinate until the next day.
After, take out the pork from the brine. Rinse with fresh water and dry with towel to reduce the saltiness of the pork.
Place the pork slab on a flat surface. Roll the lemon grass, leek, and garlic and place them on the center of the pork. Form a roulade (roll) and tie with pork with twine (string) to keep it in shape.
Brush it with evaporated milk and water. Let the pork’s skin absorb the milk for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This helps the skin turn into reddish brown when cooked.
- Cook lechon in an oven.
• Preheat oven at 375 deg F (190 deg C). Cook the pork slab in this temperature until well done.
• Place the roulade/roll on a grill pan with wire mesh. Cover with aluminum foil for the first 2 hours. This way, the pork will be slowly cooked from the inside without overcooking the skin.
• Rotate the pork to evenly cook the skin.
• Make sure the inside is well cooked and skin is crispy. TIP: Piece the skin (just make sure it doesn’t reach the fat portion of the pork) with pork before cooking to make sure the skin is extra crispy.
Other recipes you might like!
Combined with different vegetables and other spices, this Black Bean Chicken recipe is a nutrient-filled dish perfect for all ages. Healthy and…
Filled with fresh ingredients mixed with curry and other spices, this recipe is the ultimate Caribbean adventure of flavors.
Thinking of what recipe to whip up for that leftover queso de bola from the holidays? Don't fret, with RecipeTV, everything's as easy as 1,2,3...…
Filled with salami, ham, and cheese, this sandwich will truly give you that afternoon delight for your taste buds.
Not up for your go-to grilled ribs and wings slathered with BBQ sauce? Give it an Oriental twist with this Ribs and Wings Oriental by RecipeTV!