Kewpie Pork Belly with Festive Roasted Sesame
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Smother its crispy skin and juicy meat with the most luscious dip perfected with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Sauce.
- FOR THE PORK BELLY
- 2 kilograms pork belly slab
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 garlic head
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- oil for frying
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup liver sauce
- 1/2 cup KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing
FOR THE PORK BELLY:
- In a large pot, put water, pork belly, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, salt, onions, and garlic. Boil until tender.
- Remove the belly from the pot and place in a colander to drain excess liquid. Chill for at least an hour.
- Cook in broiler/oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 220⁰C.
- Remove from heat and rest for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the pork belly in very high heat to make the pork belly skin puff.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- Mix together liver sauce and KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing. Serve with pork belly.
Other recipes you might like!
This is your dose of seafood goodness in a bowl with affordable ingredients and easy-to-do recipe.
Explore new flavors by combining seafood flavors with a foreign ingredient like sausage franks. Aligue and Franks Pasta, anyone?
Enjoy healthy meals without sacrificing taste and texture by cooking this Chicken with Green Peas and Cashews recipe.
The love for Eastern Mediterranean food have become a real deal in the Philippines and since Filipinos are a big fan of spices, meat and even…
The term "Tex Mex" refers to a regional American cuisine that mixes together ingredients available in the US with the flavors of Mexican…