Kewpie Pork Belly with Festive Roasted Sesame
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Smother its crispy skin and juicy meat with the most luscious dip perfected with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Sauce.
- FOR THE PORK BELLY
- 2 kilograms pork belly slab
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 garlic head
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- oil for frying
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup liver sauce
- 1/2 cup KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing
FOR THE PORK BELLY:
- In a large pot, put water, pork belly, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, salt, onions, and garlic. Boil until tender.
- Remove the belly from the pot and place in a colander to drain excess liquid. Chill for at least an hour.
- Cook in broiler/oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 220⁰C.
- Remove from heat and rest for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the pork belly in very high heat to make the pork belly skin puff.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- Mix together liver sauce and KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing. Serve with pork belly.
Other recipes you might like!
Who doesn?t like sisig, right? Imagine sizzling bits of pork head and liver mixed with crunchy-outside-and-soft-on-the-inside goodness of tofu.
A well-loved Spanish dish made healthier? Now that's something worth trying. Perfect for a family get-together!
There are a million ways for you to enjoy chicken as a dish. One of these many options is by cooking it with a bomb of garlic flavor mixed in with a…