Kewpie Pork Belly with Festive Roasted Sesame
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Smother its crispy skin and juicy meat with the most luscious dip perfected with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Sauce.
- FOR THE PORK BELLY
- 2 kilograms pork belly slab
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 garlic head
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- oil for frying
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup liver sauce
- 1/2 cup KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing
FOR THE PORK BELLY:
- In a large pot, put water, pork belly, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, salt, onions, and garlic. Boil until tender.
- Remove the belly from the pot and place in a colander to drain excess liquid. Chill for at least an hour.
- Cook in broiler/oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 220⁰C.
- Remove from heat and rest for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the pork belly in very high heat to make the pork belly skin puff.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- Mix together liver sauce and KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing. Serve with pork belly.
Other recipes you might like!
Bacon is always, and I mean always, a good idea. Don’t you agree? Pop in some chicken in the recipe and be ready for a wonderful explosion of g…
Something nutty and heavy for a hungry tummy? Try RecipeTV?s rice meal with beef franks mixed with barbecue sauce with a hint of hickory.
One whole glorious chicken stuffed with heavenly bacon and healthy bits of mushroom? One full serving here, please!
Taste the fun side of the vegan diet with rich and moist servings of these guilt-free brownies! A recipe by Andrea Calayan from Maria Therese…
With fried onions, sautéed green peppers, mushrooms and Monterey Beef Sukiyaki cut, learn to make Philadelphia?s favorite dish right in your own …