Kewpie Pork Belly with Festive Roasted Sesame
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Smother its crispy skin and juicy meat with the most luscious dip perfected with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Sauce.
- FOR THE PORK BELLY
- 2 kilograms pork belly slab
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 garlic head
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- oil for frying
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup liver sauce
- 1/2 cup KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing
FOR THE PORK BELLY:
- In a large pot, put water, pork belly, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, salt, onions, and garlic. Boil until tender.
- Remove the belly from the pot and place in a colander to drain excess liquid. Chill for at least an hour.
- Cook in broiler/oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 220⁰C.
- Remove from heat and rest for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the pork belly in very high heat to make the pork belly skin puff.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- Mix together liver sauce and KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing. Serve with pork belly.
Other recipes you might like!
Risotto is an Italian rice dish cooked in a broth to create a creamy consistency. For this, you can use Dinorado, Jasmine, or Arborio rice.
With its roots tracing back to the fascinating land of Japan, the Chicken Teriyaki is known to be a cooking style that involves broiling or grilling…
This recipe should be your go-to food for your cookouts in the backyard or even in the beach since cooking it is so hassle-free!
Simple yet utterly juicy and delicious! This spareribs recipe is a no-hassle dish for you after a long day at work or looking after your kids’ needs.
Also known in Italy as the Mortadella, bologna is best paired with the ever-succulent and tender asparagus.