Kewpie Pork Belly with Festive Roasted Sesame
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Smother its crispy skin and juicy meat with the most luscious dip perfected with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Sauce.
- FOR THE PORK BELLY
- 2 kilograms pork belly slab
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 garlic head
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- oil for frying
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup liver sauce
- 1/2 cup KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing
FOR THE PORK BELLY:
- In a large pot, put water, pork belly, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, salt, onions, and garlic. Boil until tender.
- Remove the belly from the pot and place in a colander to drain excess liquid. Chill for at least an hour.
- Cook in broiler/oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 220⁰C.
- Remove from heat and rest for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the pork belly in very high heat to make the pork belly skin puff.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- Mix together liver sauce and KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing. Serve with pork belly.
Other recipes you might like!
You've never really tasted a classic Pinoy dessert without having a bite of Leche Flan. This recipe makes it creamier and thicker, too!
A delicipus Chinese dish, Pork Ribs with Tausi mixed with black beans makes for a certified sumptuous meal for dinner.
Filled with fresh ingredients mixed with curry and other spices, this recipe is the ultimate Caribbean adventure of flavors.
Food Fact: Stroganoff or Stroganov is originally a Russian dish made of sautéed beef tenderloin pieces cooked with rich sour cream.
Southern American-inspired Southern Style Fried Chicken made with within-the-reach ingredients. The chicken meat is just as tasty as the chicken skin!