Kewpie Pork Belly with Festive Roasted Sesame
Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Smother its crispy skin and juicy meat with the most luscious dip perfected with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Sauce.
- FOR THE PORK BELLY
- 2 kilograms pork belly slab
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 garlic head
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- oil for frying
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup liver sauce
- 1/2 cup KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing
FOR THE PORK BELLY:
- In a large pot, put water, pork belly, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, salt, onions, and garlic. Boil until tender.
- Remove the belly from the pot and place in a colander to drain excess liquid. Chill for at least an hour.
- Cook in broiler/oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 220⁰C.
- Remove from heat and rest for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the pork belly in very high heat to make the pork belly skin puff.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- Mix together liver sauce and KEWPIE Roasted Sesame Dressing. Serve with pork belly.
Other recipes you might like!
Make a blockbuster meal by preparing Chicken Pastel filled with warm chunks of chicken, sprinkled with veggie bits, and layered with the creamiest…
Feeling a bit under the weather? All you need are these: some bed rest, a pop of meds, and a warm bowl of Chicken Soup.
Make your mornings better with this Sweet Chili Sausage Stir-Fry. Sweet, slightly spicy, and garlicky in a bite? Now, that?s a triple mood-upper!
This modern Asian food consists of small chunks of fried chicken breast meat covered in crispy batter coating and rich sweet and sour sauce.
Here?s a delicious recipe that?s full of body and flavor from the befitting combination of chicken, corn and pesto.