Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Looking for a recipe to try for tonight's special dinner? Bite into the crispiest and juiciest version of crispy pata made especially by RecipeTV!
- whole front leg of the pig
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 1/2 onion (whole for the leg and half for the sauce)
- 3-4 pcs bay or laurel leaves
- whole pepper (whole or ground pepper is okay)
- for the sauce: (soy sauce, vinegar, ground pepper, and chopped onions)
Before anything else, make sure to clean the whole leg.
Rub the leg with salt.
Boil water in a cooking pot and bring to a simmer.
Add laurel leaves, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper.
Place the whole leg in the pot and let it simmer until tender. You can simmer it for 45 to 60 minutes. Don't forget to check tenderness once in a while.
After, remove the leg and drain it. Set aside and let it cool.
Special tip: If you want the skin to be extra crispy, place it inside the ref or freezer for 30 minutes. Or you can pinch some parts of the leg with fork.
Deep fry until both sides are well cooked. Make sure that each side is golden brown.
Easy way is to use turbo for cooking. No need to place it inside the freezer if you'll cook the leg with turbo.
- Once done, you can serve with sauce mix— soy sauce, vinegar, chopped onion, pepper (hot pepper optional). You can also pair it with achara or coleslaw.
Happy cooking, Foodies!
Other recipes you might like!
This mix of the tangy-sweet taste of pomelo combined with the tasty meat of grilled chicken breasts is an exotic delight that you should not miss.
Also known in Italy as the Mortadella, bologna is best paired with the ever-succulent and tender asparagus.
Enjoy healthy meals without sacrificing taste and texture by cooking this Chicken with Green Peas and Cashews recipe.
Say ?yes? to the buttery and garlicky perfection of Chicken Salpicao. Tip: Go for chicken breasts if you want a healthier version of this meal.