Share on Facebook Print Recipe
What's for merienda? Chicken Empanada! Stuffed with meat and veggies, this Pinoy treat is an afternoon delight that everyone can definitely enjoy.
- 4 cups Purefoods Baron All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Star Margarine Classic
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2-3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 kilo Magnolia Chicken Breast Fillet, sliced into small cubes
- 3 tbsp Magnolia Nutri-Oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pc white onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 cups pickle relish
- 1 tbsp liquid seasoning
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper (to taste)
For the Crust:
Combine all dry ingredients including margarine and shortening.
Mix it will until it resembles pea-sized grains.
Add water gradually until ingredients are well-hydrated.
Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a thin sheet then, roll it up to resemble a log.
6.Trim edges then cut into 40 grams per portion, crosswise.
- Roll out thinly again into flat rounds, and place the filling inside and seal very well.
For the Filling:
Boil chicken in a medium saucepan until done.
Shred chicken and set aside.
Heat oil in a sauté pan and sauté garlic and onions.
Add cooked chicken and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add liquid seasoning and pickles and mix very well.
Add in the cooked mashed potatoes and mayonnaise.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and chill until ready to use.
Roll out dough into a thin sheet and, using round cookie cutters, cut the dough into serving portions.
Place a tablespoon of filling in the middle of the dough then combine all edges of the dough and press using fingers.
Do the same with the rest.
Let empanadas freeze for about 15-20 minutes.
Heat oil for deep-frying.
- Fry until nice and golden brown.
Other recipes you might like!
Coat it with extra mozzarella cheese, spice (thanks to Kewpie Spicy Cheese Dressing), and everything nice.
No grill? No problem! You can use your oven to make this delicious pork spare ribs dish. No hassles, no char, no sweat just pure honey dipped…
We’re celebrating Chinese New Year with a cheesy twist with this fun snack for the whole family. Kung Hei Fat Choi!
Too busy for this week? Prep a plateful of Iberian Chicken! The cooking procedure for this is super quick and easy, you’ll cross out your kitchen d…
Having a hard time making your kids eat veggies? This recipe is the most delicious way for them to finally love healthy greens.