Share on Facebook Print Recipe
Muscles or mussels? We prefer the latter, of course!
- 1 lb mussels (tahong), cleaned
- 2 cups dahon ng sili
- 2 tbsps ginger, julienned
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, pounded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
1. Heat the oil in a cooking pot. Sauté garlic and onion.
2. Add ginger. Once fragrant, add mussels and cook for a minute.
3. Pour the water and let it boil.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Mix dahon ng sili, then turn off the heat. Cover the pot and let the remaining heat cook the leaves.
6. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Other recipes you might like!
A well-loved Spanish dish made healthier? Now that's something worth trying. Perfect for a family get-together!
Enchilada that looks like lasagna?! That's definitely not your usual Tex-Mex fix. But this one's worth a try. We promise!
No need to say cheese to get a smile on your face, because the oozing goodness of this three-cheese sandwich is enough to make you and your tummy super…
This dish is enhanced by the distinct flavor of our all-time love: bacon. It?s so simple you can easily serve it at your next dinner party or get together!